Following its record-breaking attendance in New Orleans, the BRONNER BROS.® BEAUTY SHOW (BB Show) returns to the Georgia World Congress Center on August 17-19, 2019 in Atlanta, GA. The nation’s largest trade event for multicultural beauty professionals, the Show features over 100 classes, 300 exhibitors and three day s of shopping, fun and entertainment. Now in its 73rd year, the Show’s theme is “Connect. Create. Grow.” to promote a sense of connection and community among diverse beauty professionals. More than 30,000 salon and barber professionals, students, influencers and beauty enthusiasts are expected.
“Bronner Bros. is proud to be the only family-owned brand with an event platform that keeps multicultural pros at the forefront of the industry,” said James Bronner, Bronner Bros. SVP and Show Director. “Our return to Atlanta marks another chapter in keeping stylist connected and empowered while also nurturing the next generation of talent.”
Competitions are a major attraction throughout the three-day event. For the first time ever, the BB Show will present “Hair Battle: Salon vs. Salon.” Six professional salon teams will battle for a $10,000 cash prize on Sunday, August 18th at 9:00 p.m. Groups will be led by Que Barnes (Riverdale, GA), Tammie Bethelmy (Pinson, AL), Terrance Davidson (Atlanta, GA), Latonya Darnell (Hearne, TX), Ashley Payne (Winston Salem, NC), and Dr. Karen Stacks (Orangeburg, SC).
“The Salon vs. Salon competition will be the ultimate display of what happens when stylists join forces to achieve a common goal,” Bronner added. “From transformative cuts and color to reimaging the art of showmanship – each group will rep for their hometown and bring a special flavor to the stage. We’re excited to see the power of collaboration at work!”
Other competitions include the Andis Total Look Barbering, Andis Student Barbering, Champion of Weave sponsored by GlamourTRESS, Creative Student Rising Star sponsored by Atlanta Barber & Beauty Supply (ABBS), and the legendary Fantasy Hair event. In addition to classes and competitions, show highlights include: • The
“Cut Party” – Sponsored by Kirkpro, one of the most electric, innovative displays of hair artistry returns on Saturday at 8:00 p.m. Arrive early for door prizes and giveaways.
• Daily Expert Panels – Six (6) panel discussions on topics ranging from hair loss and maintaining your health behind-the-chair to financial wellness and entrepreneurship. Times vary.
• Beauty Job Fair – Beauty Cast Network provides access to top beauty industry employers and resources. licensed professionals, students, and educators should bring updated resumes and arrive interview-ready. Saturday and Sunday on main show floor.
• Cash & Carry Shopping – Product demos and experiential sessions featuring the newest products, salon services, styling tools and equipment. Wholesale deals and discounts available each day.
• “Beauty Over Brunch” – Celebrate women in business with special guest celebrities in attendance. Expect candid talks with black beauty’s most influential voices and deal-makers. Registration required.
• Sunday Service – Bishop Dale C. Bronner will share uplifting words of encouragement to kickstart day two of the show. Special musical guest is Kelsie Broughton. Open to all on Sunday at 8:30 a.m.
The Bronner Bros. Beauty Show began in the basement of Atlanta’s Butler Street YMCA with a focus on haircare for black women. It has since grown to become the only cosmetology trade event dedicated to all things multicultural beauty. According to Nielsen, African-Americans spend nine times more on beauty and grooming products than the general market. Black women, in particular, spend an estimated $7.5 billion annually on beauty products.
“It’s easy to get lost in the glamour of the beauty industry. But we’re committed to keeping our community connected,” commented Erika Respress, Bronner Bros. Show Manager. “We never want to lose sight of Mr. Bronner’s founding principles and will do our best to keep the Show educational, inspiring, and true to the culture.” REGISTER TO ATTEND: Three-day registration and VIP packages, which provide access to a premium experience throughout the Show are on sale now. Download the app (iPhone/Android) or visit bronnerbros.com. Join the conversation by following us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter @bronnerbros, #bbshow19