Browsing: Community

The 19th American Black Film Festival Will Screen a Diverse Slate of Webisodes, Narratives, Documentaries and Short Films in New York City from June 11-14 JOHN SINGLETON’S BOYZ N THE HOOD, ABFF INDEPENDENT, HOSTED BY DAVID BANNER AND TASHA SMITH’SBOXED IN SELECTED AS SPOTLIGHT SCREENINGS Director Rick Famuyiwa’s DOPE, will make its New York City premiere at the Festival New York, New York (May 22, 2015) – The American Black Film Festival (ABFF) announced their highly anticipated roster of films that will screen at this year’s festival. More than 30 documentaries, web originals, short films and narrative features will showcase…

Share.

Harvest Girls International Inc. Transformation begins with You Harvest Girls International empowers women and young girls through workshops, seminars, personal development training and life coaching.  We collaborate with other community organizations and businesses to give our clients the best in Transformation and Transition to their fullest potential in life. We host “Lunch & Learn” Seminars, which fosters our Power Training.  We also use interactive tools to impact every person we touch! 5th Annual “IF THE SHOE FITS”  White Party Fundraising Event Saturday June 20, 2015  6:00 PM – 9:30 PM Indianapolis Marriott Downtown 350 E Maryland Street Tickets $40 In…

Share.

The Atlanta Cares Organization’s Director Brenda Coleman By: Paige Jordan (A.M.P.S. Magazine) Mrs.Brenda Coleman invited A.M.P.S. Magazine to Atlanta’s APEX Museum which is rich in history and content. Mrs. Coleman is one of the leaders for the Atlanta CARES program, an organization that focuses on mentoring and salvaging the lives of children in the community.Ms.Coleman, along with the staff of CARES, works very hard to brighten and to change the lives of many and to alter the fate of children who might otherwise engage in dangerous activity.  AMPS: How did you become associated with the CARES program? BC: Well I…

Share.

For those of you who have experienced a loss there are a few things to consider when you are searching for that loved one who is considered missing. . In calling 911, your call may get a response within about 25-30 minutes depending on the city you’re in, but if your loved one has access to a cellphone, your first step in the search should be calling their mobile phone. Mobile phones all ring, or “PING” against antennae towers. There are at least 100 antennae towers in each city of the United States.When you begin to think your loved one…

Share.

I am the morning meteorologist. I go on air at about 4:27 in the morning. Good Morning Indiana is the name of our morning newscast. We stay on air till about 7AM. After 7 we give news and weather updates during Good Morning America. Is this a passion of yours, like how you’d get into this? Oh yeah, I love weather. I’ve always loved weather. When I was a kid, I loved doing 2 things, taking pictures of clouds and I loved to pretend like I was a radio deejay. In my head I was the next Casey Kasem, I…

Share.

Ericka Flye:  I am a news anchor at WRTV Channel 6 in Indianapolis. I was born and raised in Anderson, IN and still have a lot of family there.  I attended Elementary, Middle, and High School in Anderson. For college, I attended Purdue University for 1 year and then transferred to Ball State University in Muncie, IN.  I attended there for three years and graduated with my degree in Telecommunications. AMPS:  Was television news something that you wanted to do when you were growing up? Ericka Flye:  No it wasn’t. I tell people this all the time.  I don’t even…

Share.

GOD’S VISION Visits Cleveland Mississippi A Special thanks; from God’s Vision and company, Cleo Camphor, CEO, and founder of the organization, Indianapolis, Ind.  Along with the Rose Hill M. B. Church Family, Dr. James and Dr. Mary Waldrop host the event. We would like to thank all who came out to take part in this special celebration. We were pleased to be able to honor some of our senior citizens in and around the Cleveland area. The Pastor Eld. Jw. W. Hill is the Pastor of the Rose Hill M. B. Church Family. The event was May 30, 31, 2014…

Share.