Rush Headlong into a New Ecosystem
OVO is teeming with life. Insects work, play, fight and look for love in a non-stop riot of energy in motion. Their home is filled with biodiversity, beauty, action and moments of quiet emotion. The awestruck insects are intensely curious when a mysterious egg appears, representing the enigma and cycles of their lives.
At the core of the creative energy of Cirque du Soleil shows are athletes, acrobats and artists at the pinnacle of their art. These women and men are driven by a passion to continually surpass themselves. Each artist is an integral part of the originality of Cirque du Soleil productions, and everyone’s contribution is essential to the success of the cast.
- More than1,300 artists, hailing from some 55 different countries.
- 50 to 100 artists are included in each show.
- 35% of them come from sports disciplines such as artistic, rhythmic and acrobatic gymnastics, as well as trampoline, tumbling, diving and synchronized swimming, and urban acrobatic disciplines.
- 34% come from circus arts disciplines.
- 31% come from various artistic fields including dance, music (instrumentalists and singers), physical theatre and street arts.
Sep 21-25, 2016